Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Genesis Chapter 18

This chapter is a face to face discussing between Abraham and God, about Sarah having a child and the distruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

18:13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh,
saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
18:17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which
I do;
18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is
great, and because their sin is very grievous;

18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within

18:28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous:
wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said,
If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.

18:29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there
shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for
forty's sake.
the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

18:30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the LORD be angry, and I will
speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he
said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.

18:31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto
the LORD: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And
he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.

18:32 And he said, Oh let not the LORD be angry, and I will speak
yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And
he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment