Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Genesis Chapter 22

This is where God ask the most of Abraham.

22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt
Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here
I am.

22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou
lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him
there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I
will tell thee of.
22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and
said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou
any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God,
seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

22:15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven
the second time,

22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because
thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son,
thine only son:

22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will
multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand
which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the
gate of his enemies;

22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
because thou hast obeyed my voice.

A must read chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment