Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Genesis Chapter 27, 28

In chapter 27 is the story of Jacob taking Esau's birthright.

And Rebecca is weary of the her daughter-in-laws that are married to Esau, so she sends Jacob to her family to find a wife.

Esau also took wives from the family of Ishmael.

We also see the "Jacob's ladder" here.

028:13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD
God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land
whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;

28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt
spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north,
and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the
families of the earth be blessed.

28:15 And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places
whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land;
for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have
spoken to thee of.

And the covenant was made with God and Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment