Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Genesis Chapter 29, 30 and 31

In Chapter 29 and 30 Jacob finds his mother's brother Laban and falls in love with the younger of the daughters Rachel. However, Laban decieve Jacob after he worked 7 years for Rachel and gives him the older daughter Leah instead. This start the battle between the sisters and the maidservents to see who can give Jacob the most children. Laban also tries to cheat Jacob out of the livestock but God sees to it that Jacob fairs well.

Chapter 31 sees Jacob returning to his own land and and family.

31:3 And the LORD said unto Jacob, Return unto the land of thy
fathers, and to thy kindred; and I will be with thee.


31:11 And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob:
And I said, Here am I.

31:12 And he said, Lift up now thine eyes, and see, all the rams
which leap upon the cattle are ringstraked, speckled, and
grisled: for I have seen all that Laban doeth unto thee.

31:13 I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and
where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from
this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred.
31:24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said
unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good
or bad.

All I can say is Laban was a very selfish man!

No comments:

Post a Comment